i started this top more than a year ago — yes, you did not read wrongly, that is how sloooooow and unmotivated i was. the fabric is very thin and no matter how i tried i couldn’t get the tension right. i think it’s a difficult fabric for an inexperienced sewing machine user (i refuse to call myself sewer) like me.
[edit – oh thanks to The Great British Sewing Bee Ep01, now i know that this fabric is called seersucker! anything with suck in it can’t be easy eh?]
it’s a simple top which has undergone at least ten rounds of fitting so it fits me perfectly now :’D
i started off with a square top but the sleeves jutted out in an unflattering manner, so i sloped the shoulders. then the armholes looked weird so i curved it in until it fits me. then i had to tackle the lower half of the thing acting weird.. and meanwhile my boys started talking in sentences and were toilet-trained.. my elder boy went for a brain surgery and recovered.. and after shedding many tears of frustration etc blah blah blah.. and more than a year later, this blouse was finally finished :’D <– i can shed a single happy tear now!
i love the print! why else would i buy something that is so difficult to work with!
random photo of this pretty necklace. i think i bought it for a company DnD many years ago and have not worn it since.. heh..
the neckline was finished using 60cents bias tape thingy i bought from Chinatown. i don’t like making my own bias tape >m<
little slits at the sides.. because i am planning to wear this baby to a buffet lunch this sunday!