after seeing at least a hundred pictures of the sorbetto top all over the Internet, i finally mustered the courage to click on the “Print” button on the PDF pattern that was downloaded ages ago.
this is my first time printing out a full pattern and i’m glad i printed the test square first, because i only managed to get the correct print settings on my FIFTH try. yes, you may call me IT-savvy :’D
so i spent yesterday morning sewing up a muslin and adjusting the sleeves and bust darts. The free sleeve pattern i downloaded was too big for me, so i pinched the top and bottom to create a “puffy sleeve” look. i also adjusted the bust darts by shifting the angle and shortening the length as the original darts were too long and low for me.
then i spent the whole afternoon cutting up the fabric and sewing up the actual blouse.
now, on to the headless photos!
3/4 front view. the blouse looks a little too short.. i am very tempted to add a short row of ruffles at the bottom X’D
i love the sleeves!
ample room at the back
dangling leisurely on a wire hanger
i sewed down two rows of lace on the front of the blouse to make it look less plain. cotton lace is from DAISO. the neck is binded using my favourite 60-cent bias tape.
a closer look at the pleats in the sleeve